Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Chicago

Last night there was an old TV show that I watched, Married with Children, and it showed some shots of Chicago downtown.
It struck me when I saw Chicago.
Hmm.. I miss Chicago. I love Chicago, despite its harsh and cold winter wheather.
Now with the plan of going back to Indonesia in the next few months, it make it even harder to think about it.
When I am in Indonesia last time, I missed Chicago a lot.
Sooo many memories about that town.
Driving around downtown,
Rollerblading on the beach trail along Lake Shore Drive,
eating Indian, Pakistani & Afghani food along Devon Ave with the hard to beat price.
hanging out in Chinatown,
Dining at 3 o'clock in the morning in a restaurant that open from 6 pm to 6 am;
Going to Taste of Chicago;
Watching fireworks every Wednesday night and Saturday night in Navy Pier;
Watching fireworks on the cruise from the Lake;
Chicago Bears;
The snow, the wind, the suburban neighborhood, the people, the hotdog, the burger, Portillo's, Second City, Museums, The Loop, ...
Oh.. so many memories.
I love Chicago.

Gosh.. It will be hard to leave all that behind and start a new life in Jakarta, the City that actually did not give me good first impression and I've never want to live in it.

2 Comments:

At 4:13 PM, Blogger Mac said...

I left my heart in Chicago then?

 
At 5:29 PM, Blogger tia said...

kak Anggit, it's Tia.
I just found your blog... Hhhmmm, are you planning to leave this country? How's everything? Sorry I havent been able to talk to you; teaching is very challenging, but it's coming to an end in a week >_<
drop me a message ya, and i hope things are going well there. Take care, ya kak...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home