Friday, February 09, 2007

Bye Bye American Dreams.

Since Im not going to be in The States anymore, I should switch my dream from American Dream to Indonesian Dream.
Hmmm... let me see the differences based on my perspective:

American Dream involves a house with garage & two cars.
Now may be added to it: big flat LCD screen TV, a super cozy recliner, lots lots of chips and coke (since I don't drink beer), and jacuzzi so I could have an option of enjoying football game on weekend on it. What? not by myself, with my family of course. and friends, sometimes.
What else?
Mmm... it may also involve a small indoor & outdoor swimmingpool, a hoop, a sauna, a pool table, a garden (so I could grow my flowers and put it in the middle of dinner table for my spouse, some tomatoes, strawberry, blueberry, apple, etc.).
And last but not least... to have a bank account with at least six or seven digits on it. :)

Well.. now let's move on to Indonesian Dream.
It could be very different from one person to one person.Because I grew up in a little town, it will be much simpler than someone who grew up in the big city.
but here is my Indonesian Dream:
one house in a small town, decent size, with one family car (normally used once in a week, for family purpose only), two scooters (one for me, one for my wife), a 'less stressful' job-most likely a government job, a normal TV, laundry washer, & refrigerator, and that's it.

hmm.. let me know if I missed something.


2 Comments:

At 5:57 PM, Blogger Cygyt said...

Git2...
I know it's hard to leave a place where you have lived for so long... so be strong... but look at the bright side... it's a whole new beginning for you and it must be for the best!
And don't forget to contact me when you're back in Indonesia k?
Peace

 
At 11:38 AM, Blogger anggit said...

yup, you're right.
sometimes I'm excited to return home and to face the new challenge!!
Afterall, it's my home and I should feel like at home. Right?
Thanks, Gyt!
Contact you? Definitely!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home